wxPython vs PyQt

Tim Pitman
From reading through some of Enthought's site and github pages, it sounds like for some projects wxPython is currently better supported, but moving forward the focus will be on PyQt. Is this correct? If so, I was curious why this decision? Personally, it makes sense to me since wxPython doesn't really seem to be evolving much compared to Qt/Pyside, but I was curious if maybe there were other reasons. Also, I'm assuming Pyside will be equally represented alongside PyQt?

Thanks,
Tim

Re: wxPython vs PyQt

Robert Kern
On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 12:00 AM, Tim Pitman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> From reading through some of Enthought's site and github pages, it sounds
> like for some projects wxPython is currently better supported, but moving
> forward the focus will be on PyQt. Is this correct? If so, I was curious why
> this decision? Personally, it makes sense to me since wxPython doesn't
> really seem to be evolving much compared to Qt/Pyside, but I was curious if
> maybe there were other reasons. Also, I'm assuming Pyside will be equally
> represented alongside PyQt?

By now our support of Qt has pretty much reached or exceeded wx. And
yes, we typically develop using PySide, so it will be supported at
least as well as PyQt4.

Re: wxPython vs PyQt

_jelle_
> By now our support of Qt has pretty much reached or exceeded wx. And
> yes, we typically develop using PySide, so it will be supported at
> least as well as PyQt4.

I've moved from wx -> qt this week and was practically instantaneous
and all looks more polished. the pyface shell is _awesome_