using Traits in neuroscience

Laurent Perrinet
Dear list,

I am currently building a demo that is heavily inspired by:

that aims at build a neuroscience demo.

Made for educational neuroscience, the demo hooks a webcam (the "retina") to a model visual neuron and spits out its activity to the loudspeaker. It's still only tested on MacOsX (it grabs images from the isight).

you can get the script on

or directly @

My questions are:

- whom can I give credit for the original code?

- is the code not too ugly? it just works, so I had no excuse to fine tune yet and would be happy to do it for a more "public" release,

- I had problems wrapping the code into a bundle with py2app. it complains about not being able to import stuff from lines importing chaco: from enthought.chaco.default_colormaps import jet . is there something in the setup.py script that may help? (for the moment I have: http://www.incm.cnrs-mrs.fr/LaurentPerrinet/SimpleCellDemo?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=setup.py )

Thanks a lot for the Enthought code!

cheers,
Laurent

--
Laurent Perrinet - INCM (UMR6193)/CNRS
http://www.incm.cnrs-mrs.fr/LaurentPerrinet

Re: using Traits in neuroscience

Gael Varoquaux
Hey Laurent,

This is really cool. I am really happy to see this, especially since I am
working in neuroscience to :).

I can't answer your questions, but hopefully someone should be able to.

Best,

Gaƫl

PS: Will I see you in Marseille next month?