[traits] saving tabs configuration...

fred-2
Hi all,

Say my app looks like this, with 3 tabs:

http://ktools.free.fr/snapshot1.png

Then I fix tabs like this:

http://ktools.free.fr/snapshot2.png

Can I save this « state » (the 3 tabs ordered like in the last snapshot)
so that I can reload it there after and get directly the same ordering?

In others words, is there a trait that handles this?

TIA

Fred

Re: [traits] saving tabs configuration...

bryce hendrix-2
On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 10:18 AM, Fred <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

Say my app looks like this, with 3 tabs:

http://ktools.free.fr/snapshot1.png

Then I fix tabs like this:

http://ktools.free.fr/snapshot2.png

Can I save this « state » (the 3 tabs ordered like in the last snapshot)
so that I can reload it there after and get directly the same ordering?

I don't know how much about the layout is persisted, but Traits will persist some layout for any Item with the "id" attribute set.

Le 29/11/2010 18:19, bryce hendrix a écrit :

> I don't know how much about the layout is persisted, but Traits will
> persist some layout for any Item with the "id" attribute set.
Hi Bryce,

In others words?

If I set an "id" attribute for each tab view, I would get what I want?

I have tested it, but no luck.

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 12:23 PM, Fred <[hidden email]> wrote:
Le 29/11/2010 18:19, bryce hendrix a écrit :

> I don't know how much about the layout is persisted, but Traits will
> persist some layout for any Item with the "id" attribute set.
Hi Bryce,

In others words?

If I set an "id" attribute for each tab view, I would get what I want?

There is some fuzziness to my statement- some layout info will be saved, but I don't know if its everything you want/need. Sounds like its not...

I can try to take a look at it, but I can't promise anything. The layout code is often very difficult to change w/o breaking a whole lot of apps. I'd like to ditch the whole layout for Traits 4, which we're talking about doing, but its all talk at the moment.

Bryce

I have tested it, but no luck.

--
Fred