[traits] IPython & ShellEditor...

Fred
Hi all,

Is it possible to run ipython in ShellEditor, or is there any workaround?

BTW, I noticed that mayavi has a flag to enable ipython rather than
python, but it seems to does nothing (no ipython launched).

TIA

Fred

Re: [traits] IPython & ShellEditor...

Gael Varoquaux
On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 03:11:22PM +0200, Fred wrote:
> BTW, I noticed that mayavi has a flag to enable ipython rather than
> python, but it seems to does nothing (no ipython launched).

It only works for oldish versions of IPython. There is some work to adapt
the corresponding pyface widget to the newer versions, and nobody found
time to do it.

Gael

Le 28/03/2012 16:48, Gael Varoquaux a écrit :
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 03:11:22PM +0200, Fred wrote:
>> BTW, I noticed that mayavi has a flag to enable ipython rather than
>> python, but it seems to does nothing (no ipython launched).
>
> It only works for oldish versions of IPython. There is some work to adapt
> the corresponding pyface widget to the newer versions, and nobody found
> time to do it.
Ok, thanks Gaël.

So this is the same answer for IPython in a ShellEditor, I guess?

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 05:36:24PM +0200, Fred wrote:
> So this is the same answer for IPython in a ShellEditor, I guess?

Yes

Le 28/03/2012 17:37, Gael Varoquaux a écrit :
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 05:36:24PM +0200, Fred wrote:
>> So this is the same answer for IPython in a ShellEditor, I guess?
>
> Yes
Ok, merci Gaël.

--
Fred