sys.path

Fan Yang

Hi,

I wonder if I could manually set the directories for the EPD code Editor?

Currently, there are 12 directories under sys.path, and most of them starts with: C:\\Users\\fyang\\AppData\\Local\\Apps\\Enthought Python\\7.3-x86

When I use easy install, the different drive is usually picked up in which the side-packages are saved, and this seem to create confusions for EPD python, resulting installed moduels not found.

Please advise

Thanks and regards

Fan

PETRONAS Energy Trading Limited

This email may contain confidential information. The views or opinions expressed are not necessarily those of PETRONAS Energy Trading Limited (PETRONAS). This email is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you are not an intended recipient, you are not authorised to and must not disclose, copy, distribute, retain or use the any information in this email in any other way. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error.

Unless specifically indicated, this e-mail is not an offer or a solicitation to buy or sell any product or service, an official confirmation of any transaction, or an official statement of PETRONAS. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of PETRONAS.

PETRONAS does not guarantee the integrity of any emails or attached files. Whilst PETRONAS has taken all reasonable measures to ensure that this email and any attachment is virus free, it does not accept any liability in respect of viruses or computer problems which may be experienced. You should conduct your own virus and other system checks. Anyone communicating with us by email is taken to accept these risks.

Messages sent to and from PETRONAS may be monitored to ensure compliance with internal policies and to protect our business.

PETRONAS Energy Trading Limited is registered in England and Wales with registered number 3359379. PETRONAS Energy Trading Limited’s registered office is 1 Blake Mews, Kew Gardens, Richmond upon Thames TW9 3GA and its principal place of business is Grand Buildings, 1st floor, 1-3 Strand, London WC2N 5EJ.

Re: sys.path

Pietro Berkes
Dear Fan,

I think the 'easy_install' that you are using is coming from another Python installation on your machine. The preferred way to install a library is through the Package Manager, or failing that using the EPD easy_install that should be installed in

C:\\Users\\fyang\\AppData\\Local\\Apps\\Enthought Python\\7.3-x86\\bin\\easy_install

All the best,
Pietro

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 2:52 PM, Fan Yang <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Scientific software developer
Enthought UK

Re: sys.path

Fan Yang

Thanks for your prompt reply, Pietro.

Using package Manager of epd, I run into the following error. Please advise.

Re: sys.path

Fan Yang

Using package Manager of epd, I run into the following error. Please advise.

Re: sys.path

Jonathan March
Hi Fan,

I'm moving your question over to individual customer support channel, since you are an EPD subscriber, and your question involves both your account login (you are shown as a Free user in the screen shot), and an old EPD Beta software version. You'll receive an email from us shortly.

But just to clarify:

This community list is primarily for questions about Enthought open-source packages, such as Traits, Chaco, Mayavi, and Enaml.