suggestion for updating Traits 3 user manual

suggestion for updating Traits 3 user manual

Brad Buran
At http://code.enthought.com/projects/traits/docs/html/TUIUG/intro.html#toolkit-selection it states "The enthought.etsconfig package contains a singleton object, ETSConfig"; however, this is actually found in enthought.etsconfig.etsconfig (see http://code.enthought.com/projects/files/ETS32_API/enthought.etsconfig.etsconfig.ETSConfig.html).  It might not hurt to update the manual.

Brad

Re: suggestion for updating Traits 3 user manual

Warren Weckesser
Brad Buran wrote:

> At
> http://code.enthought.com/projects/traits/docs/html/TUIUG/intro.html#toolkit-selection
> it states "The enthought.etsconfig package contains a singleton
> object, ETSConfig"; however, this is actually found in
> enthought.etsconfig.etsconfig (see
> http://code.enthought.com/projects/files/ETS32_API/enthought.etsconfig.etsconfig.ETSConfig.html).
> It might not hurt to update the manual.
>
> Brad
> **

Thanks for pointing that out.  Actually, the recommended way to import
ETSConfig is from enthought.etsconfig.api.  I have updated the
documentation (in trunk) to make this explicit, and added a couple lines
of code further down, in the list of ways that a programmer can select
the toolkit.

Warren