running a traits app in ipython

_jelle_
I'm working on a fairly large CAD / robotics application, so starting my
software comes with some overhead. I used to be able to run it in
ipython ( --gui=qt4 ).

This is pretty neat, since ipython's autoreload is a great time saver here.

but unfortunately, when I start the application now, the gui launches but
with a spinning beachball / non-repsonsive GUI.

Any ideas what I might try?

Thanks,

-jelleany

Re: running a traits app in ipython

Jonathan March
Jelleany,

The --gui option does not seem to work consistently across ipython versions. I understand why you might not want to use --pylab because of namespace pollution, but at least check whether your app works with it. You could also try the %gui magic instead of --gui.

BTW, for you and all list subscribers -- the list was stuck again for the past few weeks, so old messages are only appearing now. Apologies -- the list manager is past due to be migrated to a more robust server.

hth,
Jonathan