reducing/removing duplicate points in an unstructured grid

reducing/removing duplicate points in an unstructured grid

Brennan Williams

Has anyone done anything on removing duplicate points in an unstructured
grid in Mayavi? I have a grid where each hexahedral cell is defined by 8 explicit
x,y,z coordinates (one for each corner of the cell), many of these
corners/points are shared with adjacent cells (in an ni * nj *nk finite
difference grid). I have old Fortran code for comparing cells and their
coordinates but rewriting that in Python will result in a number of for
loops which will slow things down a lot, particularly when the cell
count can get up to 1,000,000.

Anyone written anything in this area already? Or have some ideas on how
I should implement it? I could hive it off into Fortran or C I suppose.

Brennan