re Checkbox: how to return values from a checkbox dialog

re Checkbox: how to return values from a checkbox dialog

robert somerville
Hi I would like to retrieve values from a checkbox dialog popup dialog :

the example in python-traits/examples/demo/Advanced/Table_editor_with_checkbox_column.py
 might be an excellent starting point, but i am not clear on how to retieve the values of the popup dialog in the mainline  GUI ..

Thanks
Robert Somerville

Re: re Checkbox: how to return values from a checkbox dialog

Robert Kern
On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 1:33 PM, robert somerville
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi I would like to retrieve values from a checkbox dialog popup dialog :
>
> the example in
> python-traits/examples/demo/Advanced/Table_editor_with_checkbox_column.py
>  might be an excellent starting point, but i am not clear on how to retieve
> the values of the popup dialog in the mainline  GUI ..

Well, the way you bring up such a popup dialog is to instantiate a
HasTraits subclass with the appropriate traits_view, then call
my_instance.edit_traits(kind='modal'). When the use clicks OK or
Cancel, that method will return. At that time, my_instance will have
all of the changes that were performed in the GUI.

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco