python files association under Canopy

Amit Aides
Hi,

I have installed the new Canopy distribution (version 1.0.0.1160) on
windows 7 64bit. It looks like a big leap forward in making python easy
and accessible and I find the new package manager very useful.
I have some questions/comments regarding the installation:
1) When I try to run a python script from the command line (without
preceding it with 'python.exe') the code editor is open instead of
running the script. I found that windows associates 'canopy.exe' with
the 'py' file extension. I changed it to python.exe and now I am able to
run my scripts but the command arguments are not passed to the script,
i.e. I can't use the argparse module. What is the correct way to fix
this issue?
2) I had to manually uninstall my previous version of EPD (7.3.2) in
order to have the new one, Canopy, work. I think that it might be useful
to have Canopy do it automatically.
3) I liked the ipython qt console shortcuts that the previous EPD
distribution created. Maybe it is possible to have Canopy create them also?

Thanks in advance,
Amit