plotv command

Éric Depagne-2
Hi all.

I'm trying using the plotv command and ipython to quickly visualise data.

I'm not using plot() since it can display only one set of data at a time (or I
haven't found how to do multiple plot with this command).

I always get the following error even with simplistic sets of data:
In [275]:x
Out[275]: array([1, 2, 3])
In [276]: plotv(x, numpy.sin(x))
TypeError: make_data_sources() got multiple values for keyword argument
'index_sort'

but of course
In [277]: plot(x, numpy.sin(x))

works as expected.

And the docstring is not helpful to me at least.

What do I miss here ?

Thanks for your help.

Éric.

--
Un clavier azerty en vaut deux

Re: plotv command

Peter Wang
Eric,

Unfortunately this is a small but in the implementation of the
do_plotv() function in chaco/shell/plot_maker.py.  You can fix your
local copy by changing line 67 from:

    sources_list = make_data_sources(session, index_order=sort, *args)

to:

    sources_list = make_data_sources(session, sort, *args)

I will also make this change in the trunk.  (Or attempt to - this will
be my first commit with the new git repo. :)

-Peter

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 2:55 AM, Éric Depagne <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I'm trying using the plotv command and ipython to quickly visualise data.
>
> I'm not using plot() since it can display only one set of data at a time (or I
> haven't found how to do multiple plot with this command).
>
> I always get the following error even with simplistic sets of data:
> In [275]:x
> Out[275]: array([1, 2, 3])
> In [276]: plotv(x, numpy.sin(x))
> TypeError: make_data_sources() got multiple values for keyword argument
> 'index_sort'
>
> but of course
> In [277]: plot(x, numpy.sin(x))
>
> works as expected.
>
> And the docstring is not helpful to me at least.
>
> What do I miss here ?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Éric.
>

> --
> Un clavier azerty en vaut deux

Re: plotv command

Ilan Schnell
I guess you'll need push permissions to do that, Peter.
What's your github account?

- Ilan

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 10:13 PM, Ilan Schnell <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I guess you'll need push permissions to do that, Peter.
> What's your github account?

Actually I just submitted a pull request. :)

My account is pzwang: https://github.com/pzwang

Re: plotv command

Ilan Schnell
Yes, I saw that.  I pushed the merge.
But I'll add you anyway, so you can push yourself.

- Ilan

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 11:07 PM, Peter Wang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 10:13 PM, Ilan Schnell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I guess you'll need push permissions to do that, Peter.
>> What's your github account?
>
> Actually I just submitted a pull request. :)
>
> My account is pzwang: https://github.com/pzwang

Re: plotv command

bryce hendrix-2
Ilan, can you add me as well? My username is brycehendrix

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 11:13 PM, Ilan Schnell <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes, I saw that.  I pushed the merge.
But I'll add you anyway, so you can push yourself.

- Ilan

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 11:07 PM, Peter Wang <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 10:13 PM, Ilan Schnell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I guess you'll need push permissions to do that, Peter.
>> What's your github account?
>
> Actually I just submitted a pull request. :)
>
> My account is pzwang: https://github.com/pzwang

Re: plotv command

Ilan Schnell
I added both brycehendrix and pzwang.

- Ilan

Le mercredi 9 février 2011 05:09:50, Peter Wang a écrit :
> Eric,
Hi Peter,

Thanks a lot for the quick answer.

I had finally come to the same conclusion, but was not sure it was the
proper/correct fix.

It now works.

Éric.

--