(no subject)

Jim Radke

Hi Bryce

Thanks for the link and suggestions.  When you refer to the xray_plot are you referring to the example code in the link you attached ?  I do not see an xray_plot.py file in any of the Chaco examples that came with the EPD.

I’m still not that familiar with Traits or other parts of the Enthought distribution which is why I have gone with wx for the gui aspects of the app.   I will continue to look at some of your other examples.

Thanks again for the quick reply!

Jim

Re: (no subject)

Peter Wang
On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 2:59 PM, Jim Radke <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks for the link and suggestions.  When you refer to the xray_plot are
> you referring to the example code in the link you attached ?  I do not see
> an xray_plot.py file in any of the Chaco examples that came with the EPD.

He is referring to a relatively recent example that he added.  You can
find it in SVN at:
https://svn.enthought.com/enthought/browser/Chaco/trunk/examples/xray_plot.py

It will be included in the next release of ETS (and, by extension, EPD).

> I’m still not that familiar with Traits or other parts of the Enthought
> distribution which is why I have gone with wx for the gui aspects of the
> app.   I will continue to look at some of your other examples.

That's fine.  You can embed Chaco plots directly inside wx UIs by
following the pattern shown in the example here:
https://svn.enthought.com/enthought/browser/Chaco/trunk/examples/tutorials/tutorial2.py

Basically, import Window from enthought.enable.api, and then
instantiate it, giving it both the parent wx widget and the Chaco
plot, and then add its .control attribute to the containing wx sizer.

-Peter