mark data on Chaco line

Jim Radke
Hi,

I create a line plot with the following code and I realize there is a type='scatter', but I would like a line where the actual data point is marked with a small dot or hash mark so when we zoom in it's clear where it is.  I reviewed the technical references but did n't find the solution (is there a better place to search?).  Ideally I would like to pick the style and size of the thing that marks the line.    Any help appreciated.

self.plotcontainer.plot(("ts", signal.Name),  name=signal.Name, type="line", color=Colors.get_color(i))

Regards,
Jim

This e-mail and its attachments are intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, privileged, inside information, or subject to other restrictions on use or disclosure. Any unauthorized use, dissemination or copying of this transmission or the information in it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, and permanently delete or destroy this e-mail, any attachments, and all copies (digital or paper). Unless expressly stated in this e-mail, nothing in this message should be construed as a digital or electronic signature.

Re: mark data on Chaco line

Jim Radke
Add a line_style="dot" or line_style="dash"

Re: mark data on Chaco line

Peter Wang
On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 9:10 AM, Jim Radke <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I create a line plot with the following code and I realize there is a type='scatter', but I would like a line where the actual data point is marked with a small dot or hash mark so when we zoom in it's clear where it is.  I reviewed the technical references but did n't find the solution (is there a better place to search?).  Ideally I would like to pick the style and size of the thing that marks the line.    Any help appreciated.
>
> self.plotcontainer.plot(("ts", signal.Name),  name=signal.Name, type="line", color=Colors.get_color(i))

Hi Jim,

It sounds to me like you just want to overplot the line plot with a
scatter plot, is that right?  If so, you can just call .plot() again
with the type="scatter" keyword argument.

Alternatively, are you asking for the cursor location on the plot to
be marked with a highlight or something?

-Peter