handling multiple windows with traitsui/chaco

handling multiple windows with traitsui/chaco

Henry Gomersall
I'm trying to create an application that opens plots in response to user
input on a master window... say something like a View containing a
series of buttons, each of which opens a different plot in its separate
window. Clicking the button of an already open plot brings it into
focus; closing a plot and then clicking the button opens it up again.

The problem is that I'm really struggling to understand how the window
state is recorded such that I can construct the relevant logic. I've
thought about various schemes - mostly around a custom handler with
close() or closed() overwritten, but these don't seem to tell the whole
story (specifically, I can't see how to reopen the window on a second
click - calling edit_traits() again seems to be the wrong thing to do).

Any advice on how this should be accomplished would be much appreciated.

This seems to me to be something that should be obvious, so I apologies
if it is and I've missed something fundamental. I _have_ read the
traitsui docs cover to cover!

Cheers,

Henry