enable - font

Boiteux, Benoit

Hello,

Sometimes (it’s not always reproducible), I have the following warning message when I run my Traits-Chaco based application:

C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\enable-3.3.0-py2.6-win32.egg\enthought\kiva\fonttools\font_manager.py:1064: UserWarning: Could not match sans-serif, normal, normal.  Returning C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\HTOWERTI.TTF

  warnings.warn('Could not match %s, %s, %s.  Returning %s' % (name, style, variant, self.defaultFont))

Then, the chaco plot axis values are written with a funny font (hands writing like).

Did you already see this ?

Thanks

Benoit

92196 Meudon Cedex, France
Registration Number:  302 456 199 R.C.S. NANTERRE
Capital: 4,572,000 Euros

Re: enable - font

bryce hendrix-2
Boiteux, Benoit wrote:

Hello,

Sometimes (it’s not always reproducible), I have the following warning message when I run my Traits-Chaco based application:

C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\enable-3.3.0-py2.6-win32.egg\enthought\kiva\fonttools\font_manager.py:1064: UserWarning: Could not match sans-serif, normal, normal.  Returning C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\HTOWERTI.TTF

  warnings.warn('Could not match %s, %s, %s.  Returning %s' % (name, style, variant, self.defaultFont))

Then, the chaco plot axis values are written with a funny font (hands writing like).

Yeah, this is pretty standard when a particular font cannot be found. Are you specifying a font, or just letting Chaco use it's defaults?

Re: enable - font

Boiteux, Benoit

Hi,

I don’t specify the font, I let Chaco use its default.

What do you recommend?

Thanks

Benoit

On 04/06/2010 02:30 AM, Boiteux, Benoit wrote:

Hi,

I don’t specify the font, I let Chaco use its default.

What do you recommend?

Interesting.... I've never seen this problem on Windows. Maybe it's related to some unicode characters? You said its only sometimes, right? Does it differ if you restart the app, or is when you have different titles?

Bryce

Thanks

Benoit

Re: enable - font

Brennan Williams
bryce hendrix wrote:

> On 04/06/2010 02:30 AM, Boiteux, Benoit wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I don’t specify the font, I let Chaco use its default.
>>
>> What do you recommend?
>>

> Interesting.... I've never seen this problem on Windows. Maybe it's
> related to some unicode characters? You said its only sometimes,
> right? Does it differ if you restart the app, or is when you have
> different titles?

I have seen it under Windows but it was with Citrix. Don't know if that
helps at all.

Brennan

> Bryce
>

>> Thanks
>>
>> Benoit

Re: enable - font

Éric Depagne
Le mardi 6 avril 2010 09:43:03, bryce hendrix a écrit :

> On 04/06/2010 02:30 AM, Boiteux, Benoit wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I don't specify the font, I let Chaco use its default.
> >
> > What do you recommend?
>
> Interesting.... I've never seen this problem on Windows. Maybe it's
> related to some unicode characters? You said its only sometimes, right?
> Does it differ if you restart the app, or is when you have different
>  titles?
>
> Bryce
I have the same problem on my linux box.
The only way I've found to solve it is to change  line 885 of font_manager.py.

the change I did was to replace the 0 of self.defaultFont = self.ttffiles[0]
to something else that suited me.

And I do not get this unreadable font for my plots.

Éric.

--
Un clavier azerty en vaut deux