does EPD 6.0.2 have documentation?

Gary Ruben
Hi,
I just installed EPD 6.0.2 (32-bit) in WinXP with the Academic user
option and notice that there's no html documentation installed with it.
Just wondering whether that's expected.
Gary Ruben

TableEditor & Filter

Boiteux, Benoit
Hello,

I'm looking for an example of filtering using TableEditor (is it possible to use filters with other Editors?).

I created a basic TableEditor:
table_editor = TableEditor(
    columns = [
           ObjectColumn(name='id'),
           ObjectColumn(name='start_time'),
           ObjectColumn(name='delta_time'),
           ObjectColumn(name='duration'),
           ObjectColumn(name='power'),
           ],

Then,
I created a TableFilter class

class DurationFilter(TableFilter):
    tmax = Float
    tmin = Float
My usecase:
I generate a huge table and displays it with TableEditor
I propose controls to the user to enable/disable filters (with input values)
1- How do I need to implement the Filter class to filter 'duration' value between tmin and tmax ?
2- And then,How can I apply the filter to the TableEditor ? I have to be able to turn on/off this filter.

Thanks
Benoit
92196 Meudon Cedex, France
Registration Number:  302 456 199 R.C.S. NANTERRE
Capital: 4,572,000 Euros

Re: TableEditor & Filter

bryce hendrix-2
On 02/01/2010 03:16 AM, Boiteux, Benoit wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for an example of filtering using TableEditor (is it possible to use filters with other Editors?).
>
> I created a basic TableEditor:
> table_editor = TableEditor(
>      columns = [
>             ObjectColumn(name='id'),
>             ObjectColumn(name='start_time'),
>             ObjectColumn(name='delta_time'),
>             ObjectColumn(name='duration'),
>             ObjectColumn(name='power'),
>             ],
>
> Then,
> I created a TableFilter class
>
> class DurationFilter(TableFilter):
>      tmax = Float
>      tmin = Float
> My usecase:
> I generate a huge table and displays it with TableEditor
> I propose controls to the user to enable/disable filters (with input values)
> 1- How do I need to implement the Filter class to filter 'duration' value between tmin and tmax ?
> 2- And then,How can I apply the filter to the TableEditor ? I have to be able to turn on/off this filter.

Beniot,

Is the data in the columns rich content which can't be displayed as a
string? Do you need to be able to edit every column? If not, I highly
recommend using the TabularEditor and TabularAdapter to filter the data.
The TableEditor is very powerful, but its API is pretty muddy.