dock pane initial visibility

Rob McMullen
Making progress on adding wx support for tasks. One thing I can't figure out is the initial visibility of tasks. Running the attached example on qt4, the example pane is visible immediately, but in my wx version it isn't. I can't figure out where the initial visibility is set.

I've got the on_trait_change('visible') working for wx so changing the menu item toggles correctly, it's just the initial state.

The ui/qt4/tasks/dock_pane.py includes this line:

        control.visibilityChanged.connect(self._receive_visible)

I don't know enough about qt4 controls and the signal/slot stuff. Is someplace in the qt4 task code setting the control's visible state directly? How does that _receive_visible method get called initially?

Thanks,

Rob

step4.py (6K) Download Attachment