cut plane through contours in MayaVi

pratik mallya
Is it possible to make a cut-plane so that it will slice through the contours created by the contour3d function? This would be really helpful. I have seen the scalar cut-plane method, but for my particualr problem i think this solution would be more useful.

--
Pratik Mallya,
Student,

Re: cut plane through contours in MayaVi

fred-2
Le 22/12/2010 10:31, pratik mallya a écrit :
> Is it possible to make a cut-plane so that it will slice through the
> contours created by the contour3d function? This would be really
> helpful. I have seen the scalar cut-plane method, but for my particualr
> problem i think this solution would be more useful.
What about the CutPlane filter?

--
Fred

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 03:01:21PM +0530, pratik mallya wrote:
>    Is it possible to make a cut-plane so that it will slice through the
>    contours created by the contour3d function? This would be really helpful.
>    I have seen the scalar cut-plane method, but for my particualr problem i
>    think this solution would be more useful.

You need to create an explicite pipeline (as in
http://code.enthought.com/projects/mayavi/docs/development/html/mayavi/mlab.html#assembling-pipelines-with-mlab
)
in which you apply the Contour filter (mlab.pipeline.contour), followed
by a CutPlane filter (mlab.pipeline.cut_plane) and finally a surface
module.

HTH,

Gaël