contour on isovalue surface

Huang Bing
Dear mayavi users:
Can one produce contours on an IsoSurface by Mayavi?
I noticed that it's possible to do this using VTK dataset (see
the link below)

Suppose we have two 3D data arrays (d1 and d2, both in shape of
48x48x48), I'm wondering if it's possible to produce contours (using
data d2) on an IsoSurface (using data d1) just by Mayavi.

I bet Mayavi is powerful to handle this. Anyone give me a hint? It'll be very
helpful.

Best Regars,
Bing

Re: contour on isovalue surface

Gael Varoquaux
On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 11:46:07PM +0800, Huang Bing wrote:
> Suppose we have two 3D data arrays (d1 and d2, both in shape of
> 48x48x48), I'm wondering if it's possible to produce contours (using
> data d2) on an IsoSurface (using data d1) just by Mayavi.

Sample them on the same grid, and put them on the same dataset, as in the
example. Once you've done this, it is the same logic than in the example
that you refer to.

HTH,

Gaël