[chaco] version under debian squeeze...

Fred
Hi all,

I would like to know how I can get the version of Chaco, installed from
debian packages (squeeze).

On one of my linux boxes, where Traits/Chaco are installed from trunk
source, I can get it with:

import chaco
print chaco.__version__

but on the linux box with Chaco from debian packages (python-chaco
3.3.1), I can't get it working.

Any hint?

TIA.

Fred

Re: [chaco] version under debian squeeze...

Didrik Pinte-2
Hi Fred,

The version was added after Chaco 3.3 :
https://github.com/enthought/chaco/commit/be72f4cab0df24db6cb0adf7ddea3a1526a92fbc

Sounds like you'll have to extract the info from apt-get.

-- Didrik

On 16 November 2012 09:25, Fred <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to know how I can get the version of Chaco, installed from
> debian packages (squeeze).
>
> On one of my linux boxes, where Traits/Chaco are installed from trunk
> source, I can get it with:
>
> import chaco
> print chaco.__version__
>
> but on the linux box with Chaco from debian packages (python-chaco
> 3.3.1), I can't get it working.
>
> Any hint?
>

> TIA.
>

> Cheers,
>
> --
> Fred

Didrik Pinte                               +32 475 665 668
                                                +44 1223 969515
Enthought Europe                      [hidden email]
Scientific Computing Solutions   http://www.enthought.com

The information contained in this message is Enthought confidential &
not to be dissiminated to outside parties without explicit prior
approval from sender.  This message is intended solely for the
addressee(s), If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original
message.

Le 16/11/2012 10:32, Didrik Pinte a écrit :
> Hi Fred,
Hi Didrik,

> The version was added after Chaco 3.3 :
> https://github.com/enthought/chaco/commit/be72f4cab0df24db6cb0adf7ddea3a1526a92fbc
>
> Sounds like you'll have to extract the info from apt-get.
Ok, thanks.

Cheers,

> -- Didrik
>
> On 16 November 2012 09:25, Fred<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I would like to know how I can get the version of Chaco, installed from
>> debian packages (squeeze).
>>
>> On one of my linux boxes, where Traits/Chaco are installed from trunk
>> source, I can get it with:
>>
>> import chaco
>> print chaco.__version__
>>
>> but on the linux box with Chaco from debian packages (python-chaco
>> 3.3.1), I can't get it working.
>>
>> Any hint?
>>

>> TIA.
>>

>> Cheers,