broken link

Darren Dale
At http://code.enthought.com/projects/envisage/, the link to the
online html documentation for envisage core points to
http://enthought.github.com/envisagecore , which does not exist. It
should point to http://enthought.github.com/envisagecore .

Darren

Re: broken link

Ilan Schnell
Thanks, fixed the link.  But I also noticed that there still other
things wrong on the http://code.enthought.com/projects/ page,
due to the namespace refactor are project renaming.

- Ilan

On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 3:25 PM, Darren Dale <[hidden email]> wrote:

> At http://code.enthought.com/projects/envisage/, the link to the
> online html documentation for envisage core points to
> http://enthought.github.com/envisagecore , which does not exist. It
> should point to http://enthought.github.com/envisagecore .
>
> Darren

Re: broken link

Anthony Scopatz
Just to be clear, the envisage docs are now at
http://github.enthought.com/envisage/

Be Well
Anthony

On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 4:21 PM, Ilan Schnell <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Thanks, fixed the link.  But I also noticed that there still other
> things wrong on the http://code.enthought.com/projects/ page,
> due to the namespace refactor are project renaming.
>
> - Ilan
>

> On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 3:25 PM, Darren Dale <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > At http://code.enthought.com/projects/envisage/, the link to the
> > online html documentation for envisage core points to
> > http://enthought.github.com/envisagecore , which does not exist. It
> > should point to http://enthought.github.com/envisagecore .
> >
> > Darren

Re: broken link

Jonathan Rocher
Anthony,

I would like to disagree with you. We have moved our documentation to github
but might want to move it to some other website in the future (even a long
one). Therefore, I believe that we should have code.enthought.com be always
up-to-date and
point to the right place.

Jonathan R

On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 4:31 PM, Anthony Scopatz <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Just to be clear, the envisage docs are now at
> http://github.enthought.com/envisage/
>
> Be Well
> Anthony
>
> On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 4:21 PM, Ilan Schnell <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
>
> > Thanks, fixed the link.  But I also noticed that there still other
> > things wrong on the http://code.enthought.com/projects/ page,
> > due to the namespace refactor are project renaming.
> >
> > - Ilan
> >

> > On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 3:25 PM, Darren Dale <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > At http://code.enthought.com/projects/envisage/, the link to the
> > > online html documentation for envisage core points to
> > > http://enthought.github.com/envisagecore , which does not exist. It
> > > should point to http://enthought.github.com/envisagecore .
> > >
> > > Darren

Jonathan Rocher, PhD
Scientific software developer
Enthought, Inc.
[hidden email]
1-512-536-1057
http://www.enthought.com

Re: broken link

Anthony Scopatz
Hmm?  I don't understand Jonathan.

I was just pointing out that in Darren's original links, envisagecore no
longer exists so the link on github is really to the envisage project.
 Obviously, code.enthought.com should exist and point to right place...

Be Well
Anthony

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 4:29 PM, Jonathan Rocher <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Anthony,
>
> I would like to disagree with you. We have moved our documentation to
> github
> but might want to move it to some other website in the future (even a long
> one). Therefore, I believe that we should have code.enthought.com be
> always
> up-to-date and
> point to the right place.
>
> Jonathan R
>
> On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 4:31 PM, Anthony Scopatz <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
>
> > Just to be clear, the envisage docs are now at
> > http://github.enthought.com/envisage/
> >
> > Be Well
> > Anthony
> >
> > On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 4:21 PM, Ilan Schnell <[hidden email]
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks, fixed the link.  But I also noticed that there still other
> > > things wrong on the http://code.enthought.com/projects/ page,
> > > due to the namespace refactor are project renaming.
> > >
> > > - Ilan

> Jonathan Rocher, PhD
> Scientific software developer
> Enthought, Inc.
> [hidden email]
> 1-512-536-1057
> http://www.enthought.com

Re: broken link

Darren Dale
On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 5:33 PM, Anthony Scopatz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hmm?  I don't understand Jonathan.
>
> I was just pointing out that in Darren's original links, envisagecore no
> longer exists so the link on github is really to the envisage project.

Right. Sorry for the confusion. I pasted the incorrect link and meant
to edit it to point in the right direction, but forgot that second
critical step.

Redirecting documentation web pages

Gael Varoquaux
The old pages for the Mayavi docs (on code.enthought.com) are still up. They have accumulated good page rank, which is great, but it means that when people google, they land on the old docs.

I would like to insert permanent redirects to the corresponding github page. This will transfer people and page rank to the new pages.

I do have some login difficulties on the cec svn. I'll be in the Enthought office tomorrow morning. Hopefully if somebody is around with proper login rights want to give me a hand, it would be great.

Gael

Re: Redirecting documentation web pages

Ilan Schnell
Hello Gael,

I can help you with login rights tomorrow.  We can maybe redirect
code.enthought.com to github.enthought.com and put the relevant
information about the flag-ship projects on that page instead.  It is much
easier to update the content on github.enthought.com as this is simply
the (private) "enthought.github.com" git repository.
Also this helps with out effort to off-load stuff from our servers.

See you tomorrow   Ilan

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 09:36:00PM -0500, Ilan Schnell wrote:
> I can help you with login rights tomorrow.

Thanks, this will be great.

> We can maybe redirect code.enthought.com to github.enthought.com and
> put the relevant information about the flag-ship projects on that page
> instead.

Maybe a redirection of the project specific docs is the best way to do
this.

> It is much easier to update the content on github.enthought.com as this
> is simply the (private) "enthought.github.com" git repository.

Yes, github makes all this much easier.

See you,

Gael

> See you tomorrow   Ilan

> On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 9:19 PM, Gael Varoquaux
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > The old pages for the Mayavi docs (on code.enthought.com) are still up. They have accumulated good page rank, which is great, but it means that when people google, they land on the old docs.

> > I would like to insert permanent redirects to the corresponding github page. This will transfer people and page rank to the new pages.

> > I do have some login difficulties on the cec svn. I'll be in the Enthought office tomorrow morning. Hopefully if somebody is around with proper login rights want to give me a hand, it would be great.

> > Gael

    Research Fellow, INSERM
    Associate researcher, INRIA
    Laboratoire de Neuro-Imagerie Assistee par Ordinateur
    NeuroSpin/CEA Saclay , Bat 145, 91191 Gif-sur-Yvette France
    Phone:  ++ 33-1-69-08-78-35
    Mobile: ++ 33-6-28-25-64-62
    http://gael-varoquaux.info

Re: Redirecting documentation web pages

Ilan Schnell
On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 9:39 PM, Gael Varoquaux
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 09:36:00PM -0500, Ilan Schnell wrote:
>> I can help you with login rights tomorrow.
>
> Thanks, this will be great.
>
>> We can maybe redirect code.enthought.com to github.enthought.com and
>> put the relevant information about the flag-ship projects on that page
>> instead.
>
> Maybe a redirection of the project specific docs is the best way to do
> this.

This sounds good for now.
We are actually in the process of moving the entire enthought.com site
into the cloud.  This process will take a while, but we expect this to be
done in September, and it would be good to see cec gone by then,
i.e. perhaps do the code.enthought.com to github.enthought.com rediect
then, as it will be one less thing we have to worry about.

>> It is much easier to update the content on github.enthought.com as this
>> is simply the (private) "enthought.github.com" git repository.
>
> Yes, github makes all this much easier.

Enthought loves github!

- Ilan