Uniform colormap for scenes in animation

Uniform colormap for scenes in animation

Tanyakarn Treeratanaphitak
Hi,

I'm animating a series of velocity profiles that vary over time. When I animate the data for the quiver3d plot, the colormap also updates to a new scale based on the current set of data. Is there a way to fix the range of the colormap so that it remains the same throughout my animation? For example, if the value 0.5 corresponds to the color red in one plot, is there a way to keep it that way in all plots?

Thank you,
Tanyakarn Treeratanaphitak

Re: Uniform colormap for scenes in animation

Warren Weckesser

On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 9:40 PM, Tanyakarn Treeratanaphitak <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I'm animating a series of velocity profiles that vary over time. When I animate the data for the quiver3d plot, the colormap also updates to a new scale based on the current set of data. Is there a way to fix the range of the colormap so that it remains the same throughout my animation? For example, if the value 0.5 corresponds to the color red in one plot, is there a way to keep it that way in all plots?

The vmin and vmax arguments of quiver3d allow you to set the scale of the colormap (see the docstring).

Warren

Thank you,
Tanyakarn Treeratanaphitak