Undock option for tabbed group

Brennan Williams
I've notice there is an "Undock" option if I right click on a tab in a
view but it is greyed out. Is there an example somewhere of how to
enable this so a tab can be undocked to be in its own window?

I looked in the TraitsGUI_3.1.1/examples/dock directory but the examples
all have UnDock greyed out.

BTW just upgraded my Dell notebook to Windows 7 Home Premium and
installed EPD 6.0.4 and everything is working well. I'm going to retire
my Vista partition.....and maybe replace it with Linux - I presume I
should go for Ubuntu rather than Fedora given the preference for Ubuntu
on the mailing list.?

Brennan

Re: Undock option for tabbed group

bryce hendrix-2
On 2/7/2010 10:54 PM, Brennan Williams wrote:
> I've notice there is an "Undock" option if I right click on a tab in a
> view but it is greyed out. Is there an example somewhere of how to
> enable this so a tab can be undocked to be in its own window?

I don't know, it has always just worked for me...

> I looked in the TraitsGUI_3.1.1/examples/dock directory but the examples
> all have UnDock greyed out.
>
> BTW just upgraded my Dell notebook to Windows 7 Home Premium and
> installed EPD 6.0.4 and everything is working well. I'm going to retire
> my Vista partition.....and maybe replace it with Linux - I presume I
> should go for Ubuntu rather than Fedora given the preference for Ubuntu
> on the mailing list.?

Ubuntu packages of ETS are kinda broken right now, so beware. If you
plan on running out of SVN though, it should work great.

Re: Undock option for tabbed group

Ilan Schnell
Hi Brennan,

I'm glad to hear that everything is fine with EPD on 6.0.4
on Windows 7.  As far as the choice of the Linux, distribution
is concerned, the latest EPD was tested on CentOS, Ubuntu
and OpenSuSE, which are the Linux flavors we officially
support.  Personally, I use OpenSuSE, mostly because I've
been using it for many years.  But, Ubuntu is probably what I
would use if I would start on Linux nowadays.  In any case,
it is worth to replace Vista with Linux :-)

- Ilan