TraitsUI / Enaml, Qt, Wx

Des.P
I am delighted with the demos, being able to get UIs from an object model with TraitsUI.

If just getting started and with very simple UI needs for the foreseeable future, should I go with TraitsUI or Enaml? I somehow like the idea of TraitsUI being just pure Python.

On the standard OSX install, does TraitsUI by default use Wx (some panels looked a bit buggy)? If so, how can I use it with Qt?

Thanks!

Desmond

Re: TraitsUI / Enaml, Qt, Wx

_jelle_
> If so, >how can I use it with Qt?

Either by "export ETS_TOOLKIT=qt4" in your shell
Personally I like the explicit:

import os
os.environ['ETS_TOOLKIT'] = 'qt4'

better

Re: TraitsUI / Enaml, Qt, Wx

Jaidev Deshpande
On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 8:15 AM, Des.P <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am delighted with the demos, being able to get UIs from an object model with TraitsUI.
>
> If just getting started and with very simple UI needs for the foreseeable future, should I go with TraitsUI or Enaml?

Hi,

Please take a look at sample enaml apps, if you haven't already -
http://docs.enthought.com/enaml/instructional/example.html
and difference between enaml and traitsui will be very clear. I'd
recommend enaml because it has a very convenient syntax for generating
UIs. Also, of course, it is much more than that.