Traits UI TextEditor line breaks

Jonathan Mackenzie
Hi

I can't seem to get a multiline Traits UI TextEditor
to recognise line breaks ie \n in a string renders as
nothing.

Any ideas, or is there an alternative symbol I should
be using, or a flag on the TextEditor that needs
setting?

Thanks

Jonathan Mackenzie

Re: Traits UI TextEditor line breaks

Jonathan Mackenzie
Jonathan Mackenzie <jpm67@...> writes:

> Hi
>
> I can't seem to get a multiline Traits UI TextEditor
> to recognise line breaks ie \n in a string renders as
> nothing.
>
> Any ideas, or is there an alternative symbol I should
> be using, or a flag on the TextEditor that needs
> setting?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jonathan Mackenzie

answering my own question - setting 'multi_line'
to True is not enough, the style has to be set to 'custom'

However, I now cannot find how to set the TextEditor
height. Forcing it to a pixel value with 'width=-100'
for example does nothing.

Any pointers?

Thanks

JM