Traits, Layouts, and Sizing

Dimagiba, Lorenzo
I'm trying to setup the layout of my GUI using traits, I'm not able to produce the result I want however. I essentially have three scenes I'd like to display, so I'm using HGroup to do so. I do not want the third scene to be the same size as the first two, however, even if I change the dimensions of that scene, it ends up becoming the same as the other two. What can I do?

Lorenzo

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient.
Any review or distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally intended is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.
Opinions, conclusions or other information contained in this e-mail may not be that of the organization.

Re: Traits, Layouts, and Sizing

Pietro Berkes
Fine-tuning the layout with TraitsUI is sometimes frustrating. Try setting `width` to a negative number if you want it to be fixes, e.g. width=-400 .

This is one of the areas were Enaml excels (http://docs.enthought.com/enaml/).

Pietro

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 3:10 PM, Dimagiba, Lorenzo <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Scientific software developer
Enthought UK

Re: Traits, Layouts, and Sizing

Jonathan March
Lorenzo,

TraitsUI does not support explicit specification of the sizes of Groups or their descendants.

For a workaround, see:
https://github.com/enthought/traitsui/blob/master/examples/demo/Useful/demo_group_size.py

Enaml, of course, provides complete control over layout, but I'm not sure how well it can be used with Mayavi at this point, nor how committed your application is to TraitsUI.

Jonathan