Traits Adapters performance

AndyGibson

On porting an application from Traits 3 to 4, which includes the change from PyProtocols to envisage.adaptation; I've found performance to be terrible.

Admittedly we use hundreds of adapters in our application. Huge amounts of time is spent in adaptation_manager._get_applicable_offers. The application is now unusable.

An open ended question, does anyone have any advice? Perhaps I need to modify how we use adaptation. Perhaps we have to use it less.

Thanks,
Andy