Task app broken after update

Eraldo Pomponi
Dear All,

after the last fresh installation of ETS4 my new enavisage task app that was
working fine till this evening is now unusable.
The main window comes up but no panes are created. Tracing the execution  is
clear that it never enter in the list of plugins
defined in the run.py script.
To have an idea of this problem is enough to run the example "attractors".

Cheers,
Eraldo

Re: Task app broken after update

Jonathan Rocher
Hi Eraldo,

I am alsobuilding a tasks application currently and I didn't observe what
you are describing. I just ran a pull on all ETS and ran the attractors
example without any problem.

I ran into a similar behavior recently and I would recommend for you to
remove the preference folder that envisage created for your application
(inside ~/.enthought on linux, or ~/AppData/Roaming/Enthought/ in windows)
and to run your application again. Let us know if that helps.

Jonathan R

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 5:54 PM, Eraldo Pomponi <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> after the last fresh installation of ETS4 my new enavisage task app that
> was
> working fine till this evening is now unusable.
> The main window comes up but no panes are created. Tracing the execution
>  is
> clear that it never enter in the list of plugins
> defined in the run.py script.
> To have an idea of this problem is enough to run the example "attractors".
>
> Cheers,
> Eraldo

Jonathan Rocher, PhD
Scientific software developer
Enthought, Inc.
[hidden email]
1-512-536-1057
http://www.enthought.com

Re: Task app broken after update

Eraldo Pomponi
Dear Jonathan,

I imported the attractors example in my workspace before the ETS4 release...
it was not aligned with the current
version and even my app were following this one. Substantially this is what
you you changed in the mean time:

- Default Task extension points (now they follow the new package naming so
no more enthought.envisage.x.x but
  directly evisage.x.x)

- How to pass tasks to TaskWindowLayout: no more a keyword argument "tasks"
but a positional assignment.

It is more then enough to stop my app .... fortunately nothing so difficult
to discover if pointed in the right direction.
So thanks for your help ,to make me aware of the refactored attractor
example.

Cheers,
Eraldo