Strange behavior with camera movement

Chiping Yeh
Hello,
    I am getting unexpected behavior when I try to move the camera in my scene. When I call any of the scene's x_plus_view()/y_plus_view()/etc. functions, my plot simply disappears from the window, seemingly having moved so far offscreen that I cannot even find it zooming out. Also, when I call the yaw function my plot shifts left/right instead of rotating; likewise, it moves up/down when I call pitch. Has this ever happened to anyone? The toolbar functions still work properly, and since they call the same functions (albeit through different means) I am really confused as to why my calls do not do the same thing. I am trying to create custom buttons so it is necessary for me to re-implement the function calls.
It is difficult for me to attach code since there are various connections, but I can say that I am still using a mayavi scene embedded in a qt window and using pipeline calls to display my plots. Thank you.

Re: Strange behavior with camera movement

Travis Vaught

On Jul 22, 2013, at 3:36 AM, Chiping Yeh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>     I am getting unexpected behavior when I try to move the camera in my scene. When I call any of the scene's x_plus_view()/y_plus_view()/etc. functions, my plot simply disappears from the window, seemingly having moved so far offscreen that I cannot even find it zooming out. Also, when I call the yaw function my plot shifts left/right instead of rotating; likewise, it moves up/down when I call pitch. Has this ever happened to anyone? The toolbar functions still work properly, and since they call the same functions (albeit through different means) I am really confused as to why my calls do not do the same thing. I am trying to create custom buttons so it is necessary for me to re-implement the function calls.
> It is difficult for me to attach code since there are various connections, but I can say that I am still using a mayavi scene embedded in a qt window and using pipeline calls to display my plots. Thank you.

I'm not sure of the calls' behavior, but as a diagnostic step have you tried to record the calls initiated by the button presses.  I find mayavi's record feature invaluable as a coding aid.  Not sure if you're using mlab or mayavi, but you might give it a shot.

Best,

Travis