See the x,y,z axis at the origin

Dat Chu
Hello,

I want to be able to visualize the origin (0,0,0) and the axis (x,y,z) to make sense of whether an object falls into the right place or not. Is there a way that I can do this easily without having to draw lines on my own?

With warm regards,
Dat Chu

Re: See the x,y,z axis at the origin

Gael Varoquaux
On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 01:43:37PM -0600, Dat Chu wrote:
>    I want to be able to visualize the origin (0,0,0) and the axis (x,y,z) to
>    make sense of whether an object falls into the right place or not. Is
>    there a way that I can do this easily without having to draw lines on my
>    own?

Hi,

For the origin, I don't know of a good option other than drawing a glyph
there (in the latest version of Mayavi, the 'axes' mode of mlab.points3d
might be a good option).

For the axis, simply use:

    mlab.orientation_axes()

HTH,