Releasing ETS

Gael Varoquaux
AFAIK, the current release of ETS does not work on Python2.6 (specificaly
Enable). Also, many bug fixes and features additions have been made. It
would be great to have a release.

Of course, I am asking for it, but I won't step up to do the release (at
least not in the following month). I am willing to help, however, by
making sure that Mayavi is ready to be released, and pitching in on
specific problems such as Darren's Trait patch. To plan my time, it would
help for me to have a more clear view of where we are headed. There is
Pycon down the line quite soon. Is a release planned before? Will there
be any resources available to commit to a feature-freeze date and a
release date?

Ga´┐Żl

Re: [Enthought-Dev] Releasing ETS

Darren Dale
On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 5:23 PM, Gael Varoquaux
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> AFAIK, the current release of ETS does not work on Python2.6 (specificaly
> Enable). Also, many bug fixes and features additions have been made. It
> would be great to have a release.
>
> Of course, I am asking for it, but I won't step up to do the release (at
> least not in the following month). I am willing to help, however, by
> making sure that Mayavi is ready to be released, and pitching in on
> specific problems such as Darren's Trait patch. To plan my time, it would
> help for me to have a more clear view of where we are headed. There is
> Pycon down the line quite soon. Is a release planned before? Will there
> be any resources available to commit to a feature-freeze date and a
> release date?

I'm also interested in what people may be thinking about the next release.

Darren

Re: [Enthought-Dev] Releasing ETS

Peter Wang
On 1/20/10 3:22 PM, Darren Dale wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 5:23 PM, Gael Varoquaux
> <[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> AFAIK, the current release of ETS does not work on Python2.6 (specificaly
>> Enable). Also, many bug fixes and features additions have been made. It
>> would be great to have a release.
>>
>> Of course, I am asking for it, but I won't step up to do the release (at
>> least not in the following month). I am willing to help, however, by
>> making sure that Mayavi is ready to be released, and pitching in on
>> specific problems such as Darren's Trait patch. To plan my time, it would
>> help for me to have a more clear view of where we are headed. There is
>> Pycon down the line quite soon. Is a release planned before? Will there
>> be any resources available to commit to a feature-freeze date and a
>> release date?
>
> I'm also interested in what people may be thinking about the next release.
> Darren

I would like to see an ETS release before or right around Pycon.
There's been a lot of work going on under the hood, and it would be nice
to get that all included into a release.

The 3.4 roadmap still stands, and although everyone is very busy right
now, I think we should be able to get most of it knocked out.
https://svn.enthought.com/enthought/wiki/ETS3_4_0_Roadmap

I'll push on folks here to take certain tasks and try to get it wrapped up.

-Peter