Release planning for 3.4

Peter Wang
Hi everyone,

I'd like to do the release of ETS next week.  Please take a look at the
Roadmap page on the wiki, and put your name down for things that you
will take care of before the release, i.e. by this weekend.  Unclaimed
tasks will be pushed off to the next release, which will be in the
June/July time frame.

https://svn.enthought.com/enthought/wiki/ETS3_4_0_Roadmap

If anyone has any thoughts/comments about this, please speak up!

I would also like to strongly encourage people to switch to the
"relative import" branch of traits and test with that, so that it can be
merged into trunk and be part of this release.  I cannot reiterate how
important this is; yesterday I found a small bug that would have gone
unnoticed, had I not been using the branch for all my day to day
development work.

You just have to execute the following command in your checkout of the
Traits package:

svn sw
https://svn.enthought.com/svn/enthought/Traits/branches/relative_import

Then run "python setup.py develop".

-Peter

Re: Release planning for 3.4

Gael Varoquaux
Hi Petter,

That's very good news. I won't be able to test things before this week
end. Mayavi is in general in good shape (Prabhu just fixed a nasty bug
with VTK CVS), but it needs testing before a release.

Thanks for stepping up,

Gaël

Re: Release planning for 3.4

Peter Wang
On 2/17/10 11:38 AM, Gael Varoquaux wrote:
> Hi Petter,
>
> That's very good news. I won't be able to test things before this week
> end. Mayavi is in general in good shape (Prabhu just fixed a nasty bug
> with VTK CVS), but it needs testing before a release.

Do you think you or he will have time to do testing early next week?  We
could do the release towards the end of the week to give people more
time to test...

> Thanks for stepping up,

My pleasure - I know we've had lots of good work going into ETS in the
last few months, across all the packages, and we need to get it released
out into the world!

-Peter

Re: Release planning for 3.4

Gael Varoquaux
On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 11:44:12AM -0600, Peter Wang wrote:
> Do you think you or he will have time to do testing early next week?  We
> could do the release towards the end of the week to give people more
> time to test...

I'll have time to do a bit this week end. I hope I won't find anything
important, because I won't have much time for it.

> > Thanks for stepping up,

> My pleasure - I know we've had lots of good work going into ETS in the
> last few months, across all the packages, and we need to get it released
> out into the world!

Absolutely, especially since the release that is currently out is not
Python2.6-compatible (enable).

Gaël