Re: any open source traits-based distributed MVC out there (e.g. with twisted)?

Re: any open source traits-based distributed MVC out there (e.g. with twisted)?

Richard Lincoln
2010/1/11 Tim Michelsen <[hidden email]>:
>> I'd like to know if there is any open source code that uses traits (or
>> something traits-like) to do MVC over the network. I'm thinking of
>> attempting something using twisted, but I'd rather not "attempt"
>> anything but just use something that works. Googling has turned up
>> nothing so far...
> I found this some time ago:
>
> http://github.com/rwl/traitsbackendpyjamas/tree/master/examples/

I only ever managed to get this working with Pyjamas-Desktop
unfortunately.  We discussed how it might be changed to use pyjs here:

http://groups.google.com/group/pyjamas-dev/browse_thread/thread/6cd33e208eaf7fdf/1cafcb00bd300c10?lnk=gst&q=examples+and+testament+to+pyjamas+and+pyjd+use#1cafcb00bd300c10

If anyone can add to this I'd be very interested.

Regards,
Richard

Chaco, LinePlot and legends

Boiteux, Benoit
Hi,
I created a several LinePlot objects with create_line_plot(), and they are put in an OverlayPlotCOntainer.
1- How can I add legends? (LinePlot doesn't have legend attribute)
2- Can I easily hide/show plots ?

Thanks
Benoit

92196 Meudon Cedex, France
Registration Number:  302 456 199 R.C.S. NANTERRE
Capital: 4,572,000 Euros

Re: Chaco, LinePlot and legends

Brennan Williams
If you do a google on "Enthought Chaco Legend" you'll see the following
link...

https://svn.enthought.com/enthought/browser/Chaco/trunk/examples/simple_line.py

and also the following is very useful...

http://code.enthought.com/projects/chaco/docs/html/annotated_examples.html

Regards

Brennan

Boiteux, Benoit wrote:

> Hi,
> I created a several LinePlot objects with create_line_plot(), and they are put in an OverlayPlotCOntainer.
> 1- How can I add legends? (LinePlot doesn't have legend attribute)
> 2- Can I easily hide/show plots ?
>
> Thanks
> Benoit

> Intel Corporation SAS (French simplified joint stock company)
> Registered headquarters: "Les Montalets"- 2, rue de Paris,
> 92196 Meudon Cedex, France
> Registration Number:  302 456 199 R.C.S. NANTERRE
> Capital: 4,572,000 Euros

Re: Chaco, LinePlot and legends

Boiteux, Benoit
Thanks a lot ! I didn't find these usefull examples yesterday

Boiteux, Benoit wrote:

> Hi,
> I created a several LinePlot objects with create_line_plot(), and they are put in an OverlayPlotCOntainer.
> 1- How can I add legends? (LinePlot doesn't have legend attribute)
> 2- Can I easily hide/show plots ?
>
> Thanks
> Benoit

> Intel Corporation SAS (French simplified joint stock company)
> Registered headquarters: "Les Montalets"- 2, rue de Paris,
> 92196 Meudon Cedex, France
> Registration Number:  302 456 199 R.C.S. NANTERRE
> Capital: 4,572,000 Euros

92196 Meudon Cedex, France
Registration Number:  302 456 199 R.C.S. NANTERRE
Capital: 4,572,000 Euros

Re: Chaco, LinePlot and legends

Peter Wang
On Jan 12, 2010, at 11:26 AM, Boiteux, Benoit wrote:

> Hi,
> I created a several LinePlot objects with create_line_plot(), and
> they are put in an OverlayPlotCOntainer.
> 1- How can I add legends? (LinePlot doesn't have legend attribute)
> 2- Can I easily hide/show plots ?

If you look through the examples in the link that Brennan posted, you
should get some ideas, but I wanted to answer your questions directly,
but in reverse order.

2. If you create LinePlot objects and stick then into an
OverlayPlotContainer, you can show/hide them by setting their .visible
attribute to True or False.

1. Here's a small example of how to add a legend.  I'm assuming you
have some LinePlot instances named plot1...plot3 and the
OverlayPlotContainer is called 'container':

from enthought.chaco.api import Legend
# Place the legend on the container
legend = Legend(component=container)
container.overlays.append(legend)

# Add the plots to the legend
legend.plots["First plot"] = plot1
legend.plots["second plot"] = plot2
legend.plots["third"] = plot3

# To make the legend moveable using the right-click drag, stick a
LegendTool on it
from enthought.chaco.tools.api import LegendTool
legend.tools.append(LegendTool(legend, drag_button="right"))

The above is essentially what's being done in the simple_line.py
example:
https://svn.enthought.com/enthought/browser/Chaco/trunk/examples/simple_line.py

HTH,
Peter

DockWindow and qt

Boiteux, Benoit
I'm using pyface dockwindow (ETS3.2.0) and this component is wx backend only.
Do you plan to have qt backend for this component ?

If not, I'm interested to get a demo on how to design an applicationWindow with several views :)

Thanks a lot!
Benoit
92196 Meudon Cedex, France
Registration Number:  302 456 199 R.C.S. NANTERRE
Capital: 4,572,000 Euros

Re: DockWindow and qt

Robert Kern-2
On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 02:21, Boiteux, Benoit <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm using pyface dockwindow (ETS3.2.0) and this component is wx backend only.
> Do you plan to have qt backend for this component ?

No. Qt supports dock widgets natively, and we tend to use the PyFace
Workbench for such dockable interfaces these days. See
TraitsGUI/examples/workbench/

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco