Re: Traits and Qt: 'API 'QString' has already been set to version 1'

Re: Traits and Qt: 'API 'QString' has already been set to version 1'

Jonathan Blakes
Please see http://markmail.org/message/fcwbl3z7n3vqp3sx previous messages.

Using the sip QString API version 2 breaks compatibility with
Debian/Ubuntu packages as classes such as FileDialog use version 1.
Developers like myself who build against these debs (Traits is version
3.4.1 in Debian) will have to maintain 2 code bases for the different APIs.

Is it possible to have differential behaviour in Pyface, etc for the
legacy versions of traits that are current in Debian. Or is there any
chance of updating the debs in Debian (and Ubuntu which seems slower to
adopt them) to the latest version of traits anytime soon?

Thanks,

Jon

Re: Traits and Qt: 'API 'QString' has already been set to version 1'

Corran Webster
I ran into a similar problem yesterday trying to run current traits with Qt
interactively using ipython -q4thread (this was the current version of
ipython in EP, which is 0.10.1).  iPython's qt is using version 1 QStrings.

I didn't persist with tracking down the problem, due to limited time, and
low priority of the issue for what I was doing.

-- Corran