Re: [SCIPY2013] Feedback on mini-symposia themes

Re: [SCIPY2013] Feedback on mini-symposia themes

Jonathan Rocher
Dear community members,

[Sorry for the cross-post]

We are making progress and building an awesome organization team for the SciPy2013 conference (Scientific Computing with Python) this June 24th-29th in Austin, TX. More on that later.

Following my previous email, we have gotten lots of good answers to our survey about the themes the community would like to see at the  for the mini-symposia [1]We will leave this survey open until Feb 7th. So if you haven't done so, and would like to discuss scientific python tools with peers from the same industry/field, take a second to voice your opinion:
http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1114631/SciPy-2013-Themes

Thanks,

The SciPy2013 organizers

[1] These mini-symposia are held to discuss scientific computing applied to a specific scientific domain/industry during a half afternoon after the general conference. Their goal is to promote industry specific libraries and tools, and gather people with similar interests for discussions. For example, the SciPy2012 edition successfully hosted 4 mini-symposia on Astronomy/Astrophysics, Bio-informatics, Meteorology, and Geophysics.

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 4:32 PM, Jonathan Rocher <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear community members,

We are working hard to organize the SciPy2013 conference (Scientific Computing with Python), this June 24th-29th in Austin, TXWe would like to probe the community about the themes you would be interested in contributing to or participating in for the mini-symposia at SciPy2013.

These mini-symposia are held to discuss scientific computing applied to a specific scientific domain/industry during a half afternoon after the general conference. Their goal is to promote industry specific libraries and tools, and gather people with similar interests for discussions. For example, the SciPy2012 edition successfully hosted 4 mini-symposia on Astronomy/Astrophysics, Bio-informatics, Meteorology, and Geophysics.

Please join us and voice your opinion to shape the next SciPy conference at:

--
Jonathan Rocher, PhD
Scientific software developer