Re: ETS install vs Mayavi

Jonathan Blakes
 > From: Boiteux, Benoit ([hidden email])
 > List: com.enthought.mail.enthought-dev
 > Hello,
 >
 > I installed ETS with easy_install, and when it's Mayavi's turn, I
have  > the
 > famous error : no module named vtk.
 > As I really don't want to fight with cmake interface and lose time (I
 > don't
 > manage to generate vtk python wrap...'egg' folder is empty)
 > Is there a command line for setuptools to install ETS without Mayavi ?
 >
 > Thanks
 > Benoit

Hello,

I solved a similiar problem (on Ubuntu where I have python-vtk installed
in Ubuntu but wanted to use an 'ets co ets' and 'ets develop' with a
virtualenv with no system site-packages) by creating a symbolic link to
the file /usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/python-support.pth to
/home/jvb/.virtualenvs/ETS_3.4.0/lib/python2.6/site-packages/. I was
then able to build MayaVi with the system VTK.

Hope that helps.

Jon