Python Shell View / Text Editor Plugin with Qt Backend

Python Shell View / Text Editor Plugin with Qt Backend

Stephan Gerhard
Hi,

When using the Python Shell plugin in my workbench application
with the Qt backend, I get this error on start up:

Workbench Plugin Error:
Unable to add viw [enthought.plugins.python_shell_view]

What am I doing wrong?

Additionally, the Text Editor, when integrated as plugin,
shows only a one-line text field.

Thanks for help to fix this,
Stephan

Re: Python Shell View / Text Editor Plugin with Qt Backend

Jonathan Blakes
[hidden email] wrote:

> Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 16:43:10 -0500
> From: Stephan Gerhard <[hidden email]>
> Subject: [Enthought-Dev] Python Shell View / Text Editor Plugin with
> Qt Backend
> To: [hidden email]
>
> Hi,
>
> When using the Python Shell plugin in my workbench application
> with the Qt backend, I get this error on start up:
>
> Workbench Plugin Error:
> Unable to add viw [enthought.plugins.python_shell_view]
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Additionally, the Text Editor, when integrated as plugin,
> shows only a one-line text field.

^ Do you have QScintilla installed (package 'python-qscintilla2' on
Debian/Ubuntu). That always solves this problem for me.

> Thanks for help to fix this,
> Stephan

Re: Python Shell View / Text Editor Plugin with Qt Backend

Stephan Gerhard
> > Additionally, the Text Editor, when integrated as plugin,
> > shows only a one-line text field.
>
> ^ Do you have QScintilla installed (package 'python-qscintilla2' on
> Debian/Ubuntu). That always solves this problem for me.

This solved the problem for me as well. Thanks!
Stephan