Plugins without GUI

Robert Unguran
I'm working on an application without GUI, until I tested on a PC where a monitor was attached, so everything worked fine. Today I wanted to use ssh and start the application, but It seams that tun run this application I need X-server. How can I write a pure commandline plugin, without needs of x-server?

This is what I did so far

mc_lidar_api = Application(
        id = "Test",
        plugins = [
            # This is the main plugins, it must to start
            MCLidarLogPlugin(),
            MCLidarMySQLPlugin()
   ]
    )

Best regards,
Róbert Ungurán

Re: Plugins without GUI

Pietro Berkes
Hi Robert,

you shouldn't need an x-server for a pure commandline plugin. For example, you should be able to run the example in envisage/examples/Hello_World remotely.

The likely cause of the problem is a rogue import somewhere in your code: for example, 'import traitsui.api' will start the GUI loop, which would result in an error in the absence of an x-server.

Best,
Pietro

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 2:12 PM, Róbert Ungurán <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm working on an application without GUI, until I tested on a PC where a monitor was attached, so everything worked fine. Today I wanted to use ssh and start the application, but It seams that tun run this application I need X-server. How can I write a pure commandline plugin, without needs of x-server?

This is what I did so far

mc_lidar_api = Application(
        id = "Test",
        plugins = [
            # This is the main plugins, it must to start
            MCLidarLogPlugin(),
            MCLidarMySQLPlugin()
   ]
    )