Pexpect in EPD?

Jonathan Blakes
Hello,

Is there any chance of seeing the pure Python expect modules Pexpect and
wexpect (its Windows counterpart) making it into EPD in the future? I am
finding these very useful for interacting with command-line utilities in
an unbuffered manner (contrary to Python's subprocess.PIPE).

Also is this the best place to post an EPD request like this?

Thanks,

Jon

Re: Pexpect in EPD?

Ilan Schnell
Hello Jon,

Thanks for bringing pexpect to our attention.
I just looked at pexpect and it appears like an interesting
project.  However, we prefer to include only projects in EPD
which work cross platform.  We might put it into the our
repository, such that subscribers and access it.  But since
it is pure Python, you can already easy_install it.

Thanks   Ilan