Numpy 1.5

lcota
Is there a problem with using Numpy 1.5 and the enthought libraries? What things will break if I upgrade?

Re: Numpy 1.5

Travis Oliphant

On Jan 4, 2011, at 3:38 PM, luis cota wrote:

> Is there a problem with using Numpy 1.5 and the enthought libraries? What things will break if I upgrade?

All the enthought libraries will work fine with NumPy 1.5 if they are compiled against that version of the NumPy API.

The libraries that need the NumPy C-API inside of the current release of EPD are compiled against NumPy 1.4.     As a result, any of these binaries has the strong possibility of not working correctly (or at all) with a different binary version of NumPy (like NumPy 1.5).

So, depending on what you mean by "the enthought libraries", your answer will vary.

I know for sure that enable (Chaco) depends on the NumPy C-API.  I don't think other libraries use it, but I don't recall.

Best regards,

-Travis

Re: Numpy 1.5

Robert Kern
On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 4:13 PM, Travis Oliphant <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I know for sure that enable (Chaco) depends on the NumPy C-API.  I don't think other libraries use it, but I don't recall.

Mayavi (well, TVTK) does as well.

Re: Numpy 1.5

Eraldo Pomponi
I were compiling everything (Atlas, NumPy, SciPy, ETS) from scratch and seems to me that also envisage does the same. For sure it
checks the site.cfg file of your NumPy installation.

Cheers,
Eraldo

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 11:22 PM, Robert Kern <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 4:13 PM, Travis Oliphant <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I know for sure that enable (Chaco) depends on the NumPy C-API.  I don't think other libraries use it, but I don't recall.

Mayavi (well, TVTK) does as well.

Re: Numpy 1.5

Eraldo Pomponi
Sorry. I checked it and I were wrong ....Forget it please.

Cheers,
Eraldo