Nokia support for Qt

Alan Jackson
Nokia has announced they are abandoning Symbian and moving to Windoze
on their mobiles. Any rumors about how this may affect their feelings
around Qt? Sounds like the end of their support for it.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/news/2011/02/nokia-adopts-windows-phone-7-as-primary-platform.ars

Re: Nokia support for Qt

Darren Dale
On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 10:59 PM, william ratcliff
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> There was a report of a port of QT to android today:
> http://code.google.com/p/android-lighthouse/
> But, I'm worried...

Here's a dose of helpful perspective from Aaron Seigo
(http://www.zdnet.com/blog/open-source/what-nokias-windows-move-means-for-open-source/8280):

“The most important thing to keep in mind is that Qt is licensed under
the LGPL (Lesser General Public License) and has a broad ecosystem
around it. Regardless of what happens at Nokia, it won’t be the end of
the world.”

Re: Nokia support for Qt

bryce hendrix-2
The bit I find interesting is the Nokia is still planning on at least one Meemo (Linux). Its not at all clear what their longterm strategy is, though its definitely clear what part the blogoshpere is focusing on.

Bryce

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> There was a report of a port of QT to android today:
> http://code.google.com/p/android-lighthouse/
> But, I'm worried...

Here's a dose of helpful perspective from Aaron Seigo
(http://www.zdnet.com/blog/open-source/what-nokias-windows-move-means-for-open-source/8280):

“The most important thing to keep in mind is that Qt is licensed under
the LGPL (Lesser General Public License) and has a broad ecosystem
around it. Regardless of what happens at Nokia, it won’t be the end of
the world.”

Re: Nokia support for Qt

william ratcliff
Good news: