No Icon in Menu

Stephan Gerhard
Hi,

It seems that the menu icons disappeared in the current
ETS version (tested on Ubuntu 9.10 / EPD 6.1.1) with the Wx backend.
(e.g. in Mayavi2) But not with the Qt backend.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

Best,
Stephan

Re: No Icon in Menu

sargis
> Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 16:40:37 -0500
> From: Stephan Gerhard<[hidden email]>
> Hi,
>
> It seems that the menu icons disappeared in the current
> ETS version (tested on Ubuntu 9.10 / EPD 6.1.1) with the Wx backend.
> (e.g. in Mayavi2) But not with the Qt backend.
>
> Does anybody know how to fix this?

I was having the same problem on Fedora 11 / ETS 3.4. It seems that non
python files are not being copied during install:
https://svn.enthought.com/enthought/ticket/1714

Here is what I did to fix this problem:
  - Download Mayavi-3.3.1.dev25280-2.egg from
http://www.enthought.com/repo/ets/eggs/RedHat/RH5_x86/index2.html
  - Extract it under lib/python2.6/site-packages.
  - mayavi2 was crashing after this; probably because of a version
mismatch with other binaries. So I needed to build Mayavi from source
again. Removed the line corresponding to
./Mayavi-3.3.1-py2.6-linux-i686.egg from
../site-packages/easy-install.pth and run 'easy_install mayavi'.

After this, all my Mayavi icons are showing up properly.

Hope this helps,
Sargis

--

Sargis Dallakyan, Ph.D. - Research Programmer
Department of Molecular Biology

Re: No Icon in Menu

Stephan Gerhard
Am Mittwoch, den 10.03.2010, 11:55 -0800 schrieb Sargis Dallakyan:

> > Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 16:40:37 -0500
> > From: Stephan Gerhard<[hidden email]>
> > Hi,
> >
> > It seems that the menu icons disappeared in the current
> > ETS version (tested on Ubuntu 9.10 / EPD 6.1.1) with the Wx backend.
> > (e.g. in Mayavi2) But not with the Qt backend.
> >
> > Does anybody know how to fix this?
>
> I was having the same problem on Fedora 11 / ETS 3.4. It seems that non
> python files are not being copied during install:
> https://svn.enthought.com/enthought/ticket/1714
>
> Here is what I did to fix this problem:
>   - Download Mayavi-3.3.1.dev25280-2.egg from
> http://www.enthought.com/repo/ets/eggs/RedHat/RH5_x86/index2.html
>   - Extract it under lib/python2.6/site-packages.
>   - mayavi2 was crashing after this; probably because of a version
> mismatch with other binaries. So I needed to build Mayavi from source
> again. Removed the line corresponding to
> ./Mayavi-3.3.1-py2.6-linux-i686.egg from
> ../site-packages/easy-install.pth and run 'easy_install mayavi'.
>
> After this, all my Mayavi icons are showing up properly.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Sargis

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, this is not the case.
The images are sitting in the appropriate site-packages directories, as
they should. Interestingly, when using the Qt backend, they appear, but
not with the Wx backend.

The images for the pipeline or the scenes are visible correctly,
nevertheless.

Thanks for any other ideas.

Stephan