Need more axises

Ali Tlisov
Hi!
Tell me please is it possible to have more then one axis at one side of
plot. I want to plot more than two curves with values from different
ranges so I cant plot them in one scale. Ideally is to have several
axises to the left of the plot (and probably several to the right).

What I mean is demonstrated here:
http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/_images/demo_parasite_axes2.png

Thanks a lot for any suggestion!
Working example is highly appreciated!

Re: Need more axises

Ali Tlisov
aliko пишет:

> Hi!
> Tell me please is it possible to have more then one axis at one side of
> plot. I want to plot more than two curves with values from different
> ranges so I cant plot them in one scale. Ideally is to have several
> axises to the left of the plot (and probably several to the right).
>
> What I mean is demonstrated here:
> http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/_images/demo_parasite_axes2.png
>
> Thanks a lot for any suggestion!
> Working example is highly appreciated!

It was about Chaco :)

Re: Need more axises

Peter Wang
On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 3:18 AM, aliko <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi!
> Tell me please is it possible to have more then one axis at one side of
> plot. I want to plot more than two curves with values from different
> ranges so I cant plot them in one scale. Ideally is to have several
> axises to the left of the plot (and probably several to the right).

See:
https://svn.enthought.com/enthought/browser/Chaco/trunk/examples/stacked_axis.py

Also possibly of interest is:
https://svn.enthought.com/enthought/browser/Chaco/trunk/examples/multiaxis_using_Plot.py

The latter just shows multiple plots with different ranges
superimposed on top of each other, without a corresponding axis.

-Peter

Re: Need more axises

Ali Tlisov
Peter Wang пишет:

> On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 3:18 AM, aliko <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi!
>> Tell me please is it possible to have more then one axis at one side of
>> plot. I want to plot more than two curves with values from different
>> ranges so I cant plot them in one scale. Ideally is to have several
>> axises to the left of the plot (and probably several to the right).
>
> See:
> https://svn.enthought.com/enthought/browser/Chaco/trunk/examples/stacked_axis.py
>
> Also possibly of interest is:
> https://svn.enthought.com/enthought/browser/Chaco/trunk/examples/multiaxis_using_Plot.py
>
> The latter just shows multiple plots with different ranges
> superimposed on top of each other, without a corresponding axis.
>
> -Peter
Thank You for pointing very useful examples, Peter! It seems Chaco can
do all the things I need for plotting!

Re: Need more axises

Brennan Williams
Aliko

How did you get on with this? I'm in a similar position of wanting to
have multiple y-axes on both the left and right (probaby a maximum of
two on each side). It would be good to add an example to the Chaco Examples.

Brennan

On 14/01/2011 8:26 a.m., Brennan Williams wrote:
> Aliko
>
> How did you get on with this? I'm in a similar position of wanting to
> have multiple y-axes on both the left and right (probaby a maximum of
> two on each side). It would be good to add an example to the Chaco Examples.

OK, I didn't read the whole of the previous posting. So I'll take a look
at...

https://svn.enthought.com/enthought/browser/Chaco/trunk/examples/stacked_axis.py

but it would be nice to add this to....

http://code.enthought.com/projects/chaco/docs/html/annotated_examples.html