Mayavi in NeuroScience

Gael Varoquaux
Hi there,

I am currently busy writing an abstract to present Mayavi at the 'Human
Brain Mapping' conference. I would like to review the usage of Mayavi in
neuroscience. I was very pleased to see Mayavi used in the impresive
ConnectomeViewer developed by Stephan Gerhard et al. I was surprised to
discover it was used in NeuronVisio
(http://mattions.github.com/neuronvisio/index.html). I am wondering if
there are other pleasant surprises to be fond :).

I'd love to hear from anyone developing software or publishing papers
with Mayavi in neuroscience.

Cheers,

Gaƫl

Re: Mayavi in NeuroScience

Andrew Straw
Gael Varoquaux wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am currently busy writing an abstract to present Mayavi at the 'Human
> Brain Mapping' conference. I would like to review the usage of Mayavi in
> neuroscience. I was very pleased to see Mayavi used in the impresive
> ConnectomeViewer developed by Stephan Gerhard et al. I was surprised to
> discover it was used in NeuronVisio
> (http://mattions.github.com/neuronvisio/index.html). I am wondering if
> there are other pleasant surprises to be fond :).
>
> I'd love to hear from anyone developing software or publishing papers
> with Mayavi in neuroscience.

I generated Figure 1B of http://arxiv.org/abs/1001.4297 with tvtk.

-Andrew