[Mayavi] how to change mlab.orientation_axes() centering

[Mayavi] how to change mlab.orientation_axes() centering

Erik Tollerud
I'm trying to use the mlab.orientation_axes() in an mlab scene... I'd
like to make the OrientationAxes bigger, which I manages to do by
doing

oa = mlab.orientation_axes()
oa.marker.set_viewport(0,0,0.4,0.4)

The problem is, the axes are now no longer really in the corner - I'd
like to be able to move where the OrientationAxes are inside the
marker widget so it's properly back in the corner, but it's not clear
to me how to do that... any suggestions?

Re: [Mayavi] how to change mlab.orientation_axes() centering

Gael Varoquaux
On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 08:05:26PM -0800, Erik Tollerud wrote:
> I'm trying to use the mlab.orientation_axes() in an mlab scene... I'd
> like to make the OrientationAxes bigger, which I manages to do by
> doing

> oa = mlab.orientation_axes()
> oa.marker.set_viewport(0,0,0.4,0.4)

> The problem is, the axes are now no longer really in the corner - I'd
> like to be able to move where the OrientationAxes are inside the
> marker widget so it's properly back in the corner, but it's not clear
> to me how to do that... any suggestions?

Hi there,

It is not clear to me either :(. It seems that VTK does not allow to move
the viewport of the OrientationAxes a bit outside the main viewport,
which would solve your problem. I have had a look at other option, but
couldn't figure out how to force VTK to increase the size of the marker.

Sorry,

Gaël

Re: [Mayavi] how to change mlab.orientation_axes() centering

Erik Tollerud
Hmm, odd... well, thanks for trying - if I figure out some way to do
this, I'll be sure to post it here,