Mayavi crashes calculating one component of vorticity

Mayavi crashes calculating one component of vorticity

Filip Dominec
Dear Mayavi developers,
I believe I found a bug that manifest in a systematic way. Mayavi2
4.1.0-1 (from Ubuntu 12.10, amd64) always crashed when I opened any
vector VTK file, added "Vorticity" filter, then added "Extract vector
components" filter and finally when I tried to add "Scalar cut plane"
module. The same repeated with another file, too. I can send the files
to reconstruct the scenario, if needed.

The traceback was:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/traits/trait_notifiers.py",
line 380, in call_3
    self.handler( object, old, new )
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/tvtk/tvtk_classes.zip/tvtk_classes/prop.py",
line 110, in _allocated_render_time_changed
    self.allocated_render_time)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/tvtk/tvtk_base.py", line 490,
in _do_change
    method(val)
TypeError: SetAllocatedRenderTime() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given)
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Regards,
Filip Dominec

Re: Mayavi crashes calculating one component of vorticity

Filip Dominec
Just as an addition to the previously reported bug: It was present
also in Ubuntu 10.10 (where Mayavi2, version 4.0.0, architecture i386,
crashed for me under the same circumstances. In this case, the report
was just the SIGSEGV line.)
F. D.