Mayavi - Dragging does not work anymore

12

Mayavi - Dragging does not work anymore

Stephan Gerhard
Hi all,

Has anybody else encountered the problem that dragging of objects (e.g.
from the Mayavi pipeline view to the Python shell does not work anymore?
(EPD 6.1.1, with the development checkout of ETS, Ubuntu 9.10)

Thanks for any hints,
Stephan

Re: Mayavi - Dragging does not work anymore

Stephan Gerhard
Anybody?

Maybe not on the top of the todo lists, but the dragging feature
is quite nice and it would be sad when it's gone for envisage users...

Stephan

Am Donnerstag, den 11.03.2010, 09:38 -0500 schrieb Stephan Gerhard:

> Hi all,
>
> Has anybody else encountered the problem that dragging of objects (e.g.
> from the Mayavi pipeline view to the Python shell does not work anymore?
> (EPD 6.1.1, with the development checkout of ETS, Ubuntu 9.10)
>
> Thanks for any hints,
> Stephan

Re: Mayavi - Dragging does not work anymore

fred-2
Stephan Gerhard a écrit :
> Anybody?
>
> Maybe not on the top of the todo lists, but the dragging feature
> is quite nice and it would be sad when it's gone for envisage users...
+1e999....

Fred

Re: Mayavi - Dragging does not work anymore

Stephan Gerhard
Pushing it again.

Could at least somebody tell if it still works for you?
(in order to know to blame my setup)

THX,Stephan

Am Donnerstag, den 11.03.2010, 09:38 -0500 schrieb Stephan Gerhard:

> Hi all,
>
> Has anybody else encountered the problem that dragging of objects (e.g.
> from the Mayavi pipeline view to the Python shell does not work anymore?
> (EPD 6.1.1, with the development checkout of ETS, Ubuntu 9.10)
>
> Thanks for any hints,
> Stephan

Re: Mayavi - Dragging does not work anymore

Gael Varoquaux
On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 11:39:00AM -0400, Stephan Gerhard wrote:
> Could at least somebody tell if it still works for you?
> (in order to know to blame my setup)

It doesn't work for me, on both of my boxes :)

Gaël

Re: Mayavi - Dragging does not work anymore

Didrik Pinte
On Thu, 2010-03-25 at 11:39 -0400, Stephan Gerhard wrote:
> Pushing it again.
>
> Could at least somebody tell if it still works for you?
> (in order to know to blame my setup)
>
> THX,Stephan

Hi Stephan

It does work for me on Windows and Debian (fresh ETS checkout)

-- Didrik

On Thu, 2010-03-25 at 16:48 +0100, Didrik Pinte wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-03-25 at 11:39 -0400, Stephan Gerhard wrote:
> > Pushing it again.
> >
> > Could at least somebody tell if it still works for you?
> > (in order to know to blame my setup)
> >
> > THX,Stephan
>
> Hi Stephan
>
> It does work for me on Windows and Debian (fresh ETS checkout)
Correction, not anymore on the fresh ETS checkout ...

-- Didrik

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 04:53:41PM +0100, Didrik Pinte wrote:
> > It does work for me on Windows and Debian (fresh ETS checkout)

> Correction, not anymore on the fresh ETS checkout ...

Both boxes?

Looks like someone is going to have to be either clever, or to do a
bisection on this problem.... Could you give us the revision that you had
before the upgrade, to restrict the bisection?

Cheers,

Gaël

On Thu, 2010-03-25 at 16:55 +0100, Gael Varoquaux wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 04:53:41PM +0100, Didrik Pinte wrote:
> > > It does work for me on Windows and Debian (fresh ETS checkout)
>
> > Correction, not anymore on the fresh ETS checkout ...
>
> Both boxes?

No, the fresh checkout was done on my Debian box.

> Looks like someone is going to have to be either clever, or to do a
> bisection on this problem.... Could you give us the revision that you had
> before the upgrade, to restrict the bisection?

;-) Excellent question ... and I do not have a clue of the previous
revision before upgrade (probably not older than two weeks).

-- Didrik

Didrik Pinte a écrit :

>>> Correction, not anymore on the fresh ETS checkout ...
>> Both boxes?
>
> No, the fresh checkout was done on my Debian box.
>
>> Looks like someone is going to have to be either clever, or to do a
>> bisection on this problem.... Could you give us the revision that you had
>> before the upgrade, to restrict the bisection?
>
> ;-) Excellent question ... and I do not have a clue of the previous
> revision before upgrade (probably not older than two weeks).

Hi all,

Revision 25099 works fine....

My 2cts.

Fred

On Thu, 2010-03-25 at 17:18 +0100, fred wrote:

> Didrik Pinte a écrit :
> >> Both boxes?
> >
> > No, the fresh checkout was done on my Debian box.
> >
> >> Looks like someone is going to have to be either clever, or to do a
> >> bisection on this problem.... Could you give us the revision that you had
> >> before the upgrade, to restrict the bisection?
> >
> > ;-) Excellent question ... and I do not have a clue of the previous
> > revision before upgrade (probably not older than two weeks).
>
> Hi all,
>
> Revision 25099 works fine....
I have update the code to the 2010-02-24 (ETS 3.4.0 release date) and it
doesn't work.

Back to r25099 does work (thanks Fred)

So here is a smaller interval ... for the bisection.

-- Didrik

Didrik Pinte a écrit :

> Back to r25099 does work (thanks Fred)
>
> So here is a smaller interval ... for the bisection.
I can look at my backups, for a smaller interval, if you want...

Fred

Am Donnerstag, den 25.03.2010, 18:31 +0100 schrieb fred:
> Didrik Pinte a écrit :
>
> > Back to r25099 does work (thanks Fred)
> >
> > So here is a smaller interval ... for the bisection.
> I can look at my backups, for a smaller interval, if you want...

Would be great! Step by step, the predator gets closer to its prey...

fred a écrit :
> Didrik Pinte a écrit :
>
>> Back to r25099 does work (thanks Fred)
>>
>> So here is a smaller interval ... for the bisection.
> I can look at my backups, for a smaller interval, if you want...
r25397 does not work.

I don't have older release before this one and after r25099 :-/

Fred

fred a écrit :

> fred a écrit :
>> Didrik Pinte a écrit :
>>
>>> Back to r25099 does work (thanks Fred)
>>>
>>> So here is a smaller interval ... for the bisection.
>> I can look at my backups, for a smaller interval, if you want...
> r25397 does not work.
>
> I don't have older release before this one and after r25099 :-/
I will look at releases I get on our server tomorrow...

Fred

On Thu, 2010-03-25 at 19:14 +0100, fred wrote:
> fred a écrit :
> > Didrik Pinte a écrit :
> >
> >> Back to r25099 does work (thanks Fred)
> >>
> >> So here is a smaller interval ... for the bisection.
> > I can look at my backups, for a smaller interval, if you want...
> r25397 does not work.

Going back to r25300 does not work.
Going back to r25200 does not work.
Going back to r25150 DOES work
Going up to r25175 DOES work

--> between 25150 and 25175

-- Didrik

[SOLVED] Re: Mayavi - Dragging does not work anymore

Didrik Pinte
The problem is with r25156

https://svn.enthought.com/enthought/changeset/25156

Commenting the line 280 workaround the issue

Adding wx.Skip(True) after line 1255 in the _on_hover function does
solve the issue properly, no ?

-- Didrik

Re: [SOLVED] Re: Mayavi - Dragging does not work anymore

Didrik Pinte
Tested with latest trunk.

Here is the patch.

-- Didrik

tree_editor.patch (688 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: [SOLVED] Re: Mayavi - Dragging does not work anymore

Robert Kern
On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 8:58 AM, Didrik Pinte
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Tested with latest trunk.
>
> Here is the patch.

Committed.

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco

Re: [SOLVED] Re: Mayavi - Dragging does not work anymore

Stephan Gerhard
Thank you, guys. It works again like a charm.
Very professional!
Stephan

Am Freitag, den 26.03.2010, 09:06 -0500 schrieb Robert Kern:
> On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 8:58 AM, Didrik Pinte
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Tested with latest trunk.
> >
> > Here is the patch.
>
> Committed.