Mayavi-4.3.1 release soon

Prabhu Ramachandran
Hi everyone,

Some of you may have noticed many Mayavi checkins over the last month.  We've fixed several issues and we have the entire test suite running on travis-ci.  We also have an internal PR builder which tests mayavi on Linux, Mac and Windows (32 and 64 bit).  All the tests pass with VTK 5.6 and Mayavi also works with VTK-5.10.1.   We'd like to make a Mayavi-4.3.1 release very soon, most probably tomorrow.

After this our goal is to start migrating to the new VTK pipeline architecture.  Once this is done, we should be able to use Mayavi with VTK-6.x. This will take a while to get done but we have a solid test infrastructure now to help make this easier.

cheers,
Prabhu

Re: Mayavi-4.3.1 release soon

Gael Varoquaux
You guys are absolutely rocking! Thanks a lot

Gaël

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 10:29:01PM +0530, Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:
> Hi everyone,

> Some of you may have noticed many Mayavi checkins over the last month.  We've
> fixed several issues and we have the entire test suite running on travis-ci.
>  We also have an internal PR builder which tests mayavi on Linux, Mac and
> Windows (32 and 64 bit).  All the tests pass with VTK 5.6 and Mayavi also works
> with VTK-5.10.1.   We'd like to make a Mayavi-4.3.1 release very soon, most
> probably tomorrow.

> After this our goal is to start migrating to the new VTK pipeline architecture.
>  Once this is done, we should be able to use Mayavi with VTK-6.x. This will
> take a while to get done but we have a solid test infrastructure now to help
> make this easier.

> cheers,
> Prabhu

    Researcher, INRIA Parietal
    Laboratoire de Neuro-Imagerie Assistee par Ordinateur
    NeuroSpin/CEA Saclay , Bat 145, 91191 Gif-sur-Yvette France
    Phone:  ++ 33-1-69-08-79-68
    http://gael-varoquaux.info            http://twitter.com/GaelVaroquaux

Re: Mayavi-4.3.1 release soon

Prabhu Ramachandran-3
On 1/30/14 3:01 AM, Gael Varoquaux wrote:
> You guys are absolutely rocking! Thanks a lot

Thanks Gael!

cheers,
Prabhu