MayaVI Points3d and Color

Dimagiba, Lorenzo
Hello all,

I had a question about the functionality of the points3d function in MayaVI. I realize that you can input a fourth parameter, 's', that you can use to give color to your points. As it turns out though... the scalars provided in 's' do not only affect color, but the size of the point as well. Is there any way to work around this so that my scalars only affect the color and not the size of the points?

Cheers

Lorenzo

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient.
Any review or distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally intended is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.
Opinions, conclusions or other information contained in this e-mail may not be that of the organization.

Re: MayaVI Points3d and Color

Gael Varoquaux
On Tue, Jun 04, 2013 at 07:38:00PM +0000, Dimagiba, Lorenzo wrote:
> I had a question about the functionality of the points3d function in MayaVI. I realize that you can input a fourth parameter, 's', that you can use to give color to your points. As it turns out though... the scalars provided in 's' do not only affect color, but the size of the point as well. Is there any way to work around this so that my scalars only affect the color and not the size of the points?

Use the scale_mode argument: scale_mode='none'

HTH,

Gaƫl

Re: MayaVI Points3d and Color

Dimagiba, Lorenzo
Hello again all,

I probably should have tried a few things before shooting off my question. In any case I have found the solution to my issue, and if anyone else was wondering what to do, all that needs to be done is change the scale mode so that it is none.

ie. points3d(x,y,z,s,scale_mode=none)

and that will prevent your color scalars from affecting the size of the points.

Cheers!