MKL conflict in Canopy

Mike Sarahan
Hi,

I'm encountering an issue that is crashing my app.  The error message is:

OMP: Error #15: Initializing libiomp5md.dll, but found mk2iomp5md.dll already initialized.
OMP: Hint: This may cause performance degradation and correctness issues. Set environment variable KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK=TRUE to ignore this problem and force the program to continue anyway. Please note that the use of KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK is unsupported and using it may cause undefined behavior. For more information, please see http://www.intel.com/software/products/support/.

I have looked for both of those files.  The first, libiomp5md.dll, lives in Enthought\Canopy\User\Lib\site-packages\numpy\core.  The second lives in Enthought\Canopy\App\appdata\canopy-1.0.3.1262.win-x86_64\Scripts.  Is there a way for my app to resolve this issue, or is this a Canopy issue?

Thanks,
Michael

Re: MKL conflict in Canopy

David Cournapeau
Hi Michael,

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 9:26 PM, Michael Sarahan <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

It is unexpected to have libiomp5md.dll in  Enthought\Canopy\User\Lib\site-packages\numpy\core. Did you install numpy by yourself there by any chance ?

thanks,
David

Thanks,
Michael